MedCircle sat down with Dr. Seth Meyers to discuss the psychology behind self-esteem and how to improve (and maintain) your self-esteem.
- How would you describe self-esteem?
- Why is it so important to talk about (and learn about) one's self-esteem during childhood?
- How is self-esteem related to (and impacted by) social media?
- How is self-esteem impacted by our relationships with our parents, peers, and
- Is self-esteem the same thing as confidence?
- Is there a biological basis to self-esteem or mood?
- Can we "learn" self-esteem?
- Is having high self-esteem the same thing as being happy?
- How do romantic relationships impact self-esteem?
- How does low self-esteem impact someone's work?
- How does low self-esteem impact someone's physical health?
- How does low self-esteem impact someone's relationships?
- How does someone with low self-esteem improve their self-esteem?
- How does someone maintain their self-esteem if it's already high?
You can follow Dr. Meyers on Twitter, and learn more about his background on his website.