Leading psychologist and author Dr. Ramani Durvasula walks us through how to spot the signs you're dating a narcissist. She draws advice from her bestselling book, "Should I Stay Or Should I Go? Surviving A Narcissistic Relationship".
- What defines a narcissist, and what behaviors are typical of a narcissist? And how many of those characteristics does someone have to have in order to be defined as a narcissist?
- What is "gaslighting"?
- What does it look like when two narcissists date each other?
- Are narcissists self-aware?
- Can you teach a narcissist empathy?
- Nature vs. nurture: Is someone born a narcissist or do they become a narcissist?
- What role does parenting play in creating a narcissist?
- How can parents prevent narcissism?
- How is the trait of narcissism different than narcissistic personality disorder?
- Can a narcissistic person ever be truly "cured"?
- What should someone expect if they want to break up with a narcissist?
- How should someone manage their expectations if they want to continue dating a narcissist?
Dr. Ramani ends the interview with some encouraging advice that anyone can implement today.
You can follow Dr. Ramani on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.