(HealthDay News) -- As you grow older, your eyes are more prone to diseases such as cataracts and glaucoma.
The U.S. National Institute on Aging suggests how to keep your eyes healthier:
- Wear sunglasses that block ultraviolet (UV) radiation, and a don a hat with a wide brim when you are outside.
- Stop smoking.
- Eat eye-healthy foods.
- Maintain ahealthy weight and get enough exercise.
- Strive for normalblood pressure.
- If you have diabetes, keep it under control.
- Prevent eye strain by looking away from your computer every 20 minutes.
Copyright © 2013-2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.