Health Tip: Help Prevent Sports Injuries
(HealthDay News) -- There's no surefire way to prevent sports injuries. But there are things you can do to reduce the risk, the American Academy of Pediatrics says.
Many sports-related injuries are related to overuse of certain joints and muscles, the academy says. It offers this advice:
- Allow at least one day a week of rest to allow the body to recover.
- Wear the appropriate protective gear for each sport.
- Always stretch before and after sports to help increase flexibility.
- Do not play while you are in pain.
- Drink fluids (preferably water) before, during and after exercise.
Copyright © 2013-2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
There are no comments for this article yet.